Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happiness is a State of Mind

We knew we had to change the end of the hodge podge flower bed. About two weeks ago we all put up a short rain gutter and it didn’t quite worked as we planned. Anyhow that Sawyer screwing in the rain gutter.
I wanted some rocks or rain dance stone so when the rain hit it would splatter and look like the rain is waltzing across the rocks.
I still thinking it needs a frog of some sort sitting on the rocks. Murphy said we should mix a batch of clay and start pouring ceramics.





On my yellow and purple flower bed Murphy and I took out that end and used the rocks in the hodge podge flower bed. I called when rain is splattering it really dancing.
So now I got 3 fossils, 1 slate rock, 2 round white rocks, and 2 glass electrical insulators. I didn’t think my 2 dahlia was every going to come up. I notice one of them showing threw.


Today Murphy and I went to the Gardenia center The month of June is on happiness. On front of their flyer “ a good word for it as any” Let us celebrate the fact we can make choose happiness or we can choose unhappiness. Happiness is a state of mind and can therefore be changed. Celebrate this!
During coffee hour I asked if they celebrate thesummer solstice Well they don’t. But this group seem pretty open and receptive on other people spiritual journey. They offer John of God spiritual service, I think every full moon they have some kind of service to with Buddha (called festival of Wesak.
They have a Breakfast reading club and at this time their reading “Doors to Peace” by Steven Schwartz. But I can’t find any thing about this book.
I didn’t know if Murphy liked going and during the coffee social thing. Someone asked if he was going to return and he said yes. I think he likes the social thing afterwards. Murphy was raised Catholic and he now has nothing to do with it. He couldn’t figure out if you miss mass your heading to hell.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting place. Virginia Beach has a store similar to that, that I use to visit sometimes when I lived there. Don't think there is one where I am at now, but I am only about 40 miles from the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some work accomplished. That's always a good feeling.

    Ava

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...