Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Why in the Name of.....

My given is Dora. I’m named after my fathers maternal grandmother.
I’ve got the most popular middle name for my age, Ann. I got my middle name after my mothers maternal grandmother.
She was born on Lincoln last birthday as he was shot in April 1865. I was born February 12, 1960.


Now when some hears my name of Dora. First thing comes to their mind is Dora the explorer. Plus all the little kids thinks I got the neatest first name.
As I was in school no Dora the explorer. But their was Match Game And any time they had a Dumb Dora joke I heard them Example....Dumb Dora was so dumb she thought __________went on tooth brush So all through school I heard Dumb Dora jokes.
I don’t know if Match game got their Dumb Dora charter from comic strip or not. From 1924-1935 their was a comic strip called
Dumb Dora I’m sure glad my name now got a positive charter now


My mother want to name me Pepalena Margret. I figure if I was stuck with Pepalena. I would of heard about the cartoon charter Pep le Pew
So I figure Peppylady would be a good blogger name

3 comments:

  1. Pepalena! Where did she find that? Very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no ideal. My mom died in 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Pepalena! I was supposed to be a Jennifer, but my parents decided against it since it was such a popular name at the time. I'm so glad! My middle name, Marie, is after my great-grandmother on my mom's side.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...