Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Today Is Tuesday March 31, 2020. This Is What Happen


Felt an earth quake this evening. Shortly before five in evening. It was in CHALLIS and which is about 400 miles south of me.

Did weigh in at home for the T.O.P.S group I belong to. Down a pound. Still need to work on moving more and drinking water.
Don't know if I told you I order a digital scale. Should be here some time first of next month.

I put together my bullet journal for the month of April.

Line up some cotton fabric to make some mask. Statement time...I don't think it right for any essential workers not to have mask.
I understand the reason why front line medical people having the N95s. But there still debate who should have mask or not. And how well do they actual help.
I read some where someone is using hepa filters from vacuum cleaners between the layer of fabric. I have some light weight interfacing to put in between colorful fabric and muslin.
I called my employer and asked about protective gear. Some places home care agency is connected with a extended care facility. And they don't even have mask for those who work there.
I can make up some mask and donate them..

Coffee is on

10 comments:

  1. Omg an earthquake...glad it wasn’t too serious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a big quake for you to feel from 400 miles away.
    I thought about making a mask, but decided I could just cover my mouth and nose with a bandanna, like bank robbers used to do in the old western cowboy movies.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Wow, that must´ve been some quake then!
    I don´t have a scale but for kitchen stuff.
    Still no masks available here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We heard about your earthquake, yikes! We think masks help. If you look at countries where they've pretty much beat this thing everyone was wearing masks. Stay safe, healthy and virus-free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about the earthquake. Glad it wasn't right under you.

    I think the thing about masks is because there aren't enough to go around. But those in essential jobs should definitely have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in upstate New York, we have a countywide Facebook support page for COVID-19 and there was quite an animated discussion among those sewing masks regarding how and what the filler should be. There's coronavirus in our local nursing home in the village I live closest to. What is happening is beyond shameful, especially for people who need to wear PPE having to rewear and rewear or not having at all. I did hear about the earthquake. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mask seem like such a basic need in hospitals, not just for COVID cases but for other things. Nice that you are trying to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masks are missing in Europe too ! Germany, Belgium, Italy, France everywhere. Now women are making masks for the nurses and all people who need one. No government has forseen so many masks !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am, frankly, quite frustrated that after all this time, there remains doubts about whether masks are helpful. If you haven't already, do read Zeynep Tufekci's article on masks in the New York Times. Also, this recent tweet of hers that I'm linking to:-
    https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1245048207408840706

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the weight loss Dora, I'm sure the masks you make will be lovely ✨

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...