Monday, January 02, 2012

The Holidays Are Over

Holidays are over.
Yes, I'm going to political correct.
I enjoy the holidays. But I'm glad they are over and only come once a year.
I had to keep reminding my self that my boys where ok. I was a little depress that they didn't make it up for Christmas Eve or day.
In general our family gift exchange...Murphy end up with Ginger Bread House kit and I end up with wax heater to make the room smell nice...The scent I got was chocolate mint and butterscotch.
This year I notice that value of gift was down in value. But that doesn't surprise me at. Look at our economy.
But it seem like Demmi was to criticized gifts and I don't see anything fantastic things she did or brought.
This might sound a little strange. Actual what gave me the most joy during the holiday was cooking Christmas Morning Breakfast for all 14 people.
My in-laws runs a bed and breakfast So they're always busy doing breakfast lot of the time.
Well Murphy and I serve waffles, fruit which consist of strawberries, huckleberries, and pineapple, did up some links and patti sausage, and scrambled eggs.
Yes even whip cream for the waffles.
For my in-law actual to enjoy there children and grand-kids for a few moments brought my mood up a few notches.
Christmas day dinner was handle by my in-laws.

Well Murphette family got us a mug with snowflakes on it and worthes hard candy stuck in the mug. They also made us some homemade cookies.
I was surprise they where all happy what they got. Before Christmas they where bitch about how little they where going to get.
I was about ready to tell them about a lady I know and her situation....and little she could give and she was glad to give.
I was in Harvest foods during the holidays doing a little shopping and this one lady who I know said money was so bad for them. That she got her children toilet paper. But I believe she got her 8 grand-kids something or least she made it sound that way.

Well the Twenty ninth of December we went to see our sons. There living in one of Sam and Amy out building. It been made into a nice little pad. Bart girl friend Maggie was up visiting from the Portland Oregon. She is in her senior year and her major is communication.
We didn't get a chance to see Sawyer girl friend Kate she was at work.
But it seems like both of my son has really nice girl friends.
So they got Murphy a fire estingure. Then I got some hair shampoo and conditioning with a soy candle. Kate works in a hair salon called Dimension Salon  Plus Sawyer dog Boo got Daisy a toy to play with. But I can't find it.
Both of us are happy with our gifts.
New Year eve we celebrate like old farts. But before that I went up and visit my friend Quenella. We just talked about life. I gave her my two ideal I thought it would help her
web site Which might give her a slight boost.
Opinion time...she has a long ways to go to get her business going.
She recently had her place logged and I want a picture of her slash pile. I'll be using it for next weekend photo hunt shot.
So I had glass of home made elderberry wine that Quenella gave us. She not much on elderberry wine. But before her husband Micheal pass away they made a lot of it.

For new year eve I got into wine that Quenella gave us. So it was simple evening listening to re-talk of Art Bell and Coast_to_Coast_AM 
 both Murphy and I call it ghost to ghost. Nothing on TV tonight as usual.

So for New Year day. Murphy and I went out to the game reserve to take a walk. Statement time...I should be walking on a daily routine pretty well.
I'm still having trouble with anxiety. Plus my blood pressure and pulse is little high, nothing dangerous.
I found this frame of what looks like an old car. Trees are growing up in it. On the wheel it was the letters B-D.
So for dinner we had fried Chicken. Safeway had them for .99¢ a pound. I think we got wise. A whole chicken is to much for us now. So Murphy cut up and we're only frying up ½ of it. Stuck the other ½ in the freezer
I went of to my Aunt Eve and to see about the McCalmant Family reunion over at Pot Hole state park in Washington. It doesn't look like a bad place to me.
I have to say I'm more interested in explore the area around there. Mostly the lava beds.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done christmas for years, that way no one get presents they will be disappointed in and pretend to like. And I don't care to get presents from others, I have enough crap and prefer to buy what I actually want or need.

    I went to bed early on new years eve, about 7:00, after a few nice shots of brandy.

    Here's to 2012, I don't expect much change unless something broadsides me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is hoping that you will have the best of time, the best of luck, and the best of life in this New Year and all the years after that.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...