Sunday, June 06, 2010

It May Be New or Old

I found an old recipe that my mom use to make called Frozen Molasses Cookies. I don't think Murphy or either my sons Bart or Sawyer every had them; it been so long ago if they had.
My mom been gone for 10 years now. I don't even remember the last time I even made them.



FROZEN MOLASES COOKIES
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of shortening (melted) this is a very important step if shortening isn't melt it doesn't come out right..
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3 Tablespoon of hot water mixed with
2 teaspoon of baking soda
5 and ½ cups flour
add the ingredients to flour below
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt



Freeze dough slice and dip into sugar bake at 350 for about 8 to 10 minutes

.

Please note I feel it took more then 5 ½ cups of flour more like 6 to 6 ½ cups. I add a ½ teaspoon of ginger for that let extra boldness.
I stick the mixing bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for a half hour to an hour letting it sit up so I can roll them.
Let them freeze firmly and slice about ¼ to 1/8 thick



Statement time...No it's not a turd



It hasn't been normal weather not sure what is normal it changes from day to day. I guess the weather is going though the change.
All ready for the short period we been in June. We got a 1 ½ inches of rain.



But gardening don't stop so over the weekend. We planted tomatoes, basil, and tomatoes (ground cherries) For the first time we're trying to go artichokes.
We add some carnation. I just love the smell of them. Plus planted two other types of flowers in veggie garden, straw-flowers and nasturtiums



I have to say the Frozen Molasses Cookies are great with nice hot cup of coffee on a rainy day. Dip them in nice glass of milk is also a great way to eat them

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try these!

    Hope all is well with you!!!

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...