Sunday, December 17, 2006

Celebration at the Gardenia Center


When I was a shaver living at my parents home. One year after Christmas my mom bought a fake tree and I thought it was dreaded looking and I sore that when I had my own place I wouldn’t get a fake tree. Confession time...I’m starting to look at them in the stores. But I just can’t bring my self to buy one.
Plus I’m not a big fan of trees from a Christmas Tree farm. “To heavy” with branch you just lay your ornaments on them.
The other day on the Today Show Martha Stewart was on showing how to trim a tree and I guess if you trim every other layer of branches you could hang the ornaments on tree.
So Murphy and I went out on our property on the North Bench and cut down a grand fir tree.
When the boys where young they went out and cut the tree down and help decorate the tree. Now only the excepted expensive gifts


Last night I went down to Gardenia Center to the celebration of light festival. “What a show” I’ve never been to such a diverse of all religion and the holidays.
They covered the Jewish by lighting a Menorah, Christen they cover by singing songs about the Nativity, for the Pagan they had a dance, and also the did anther dance for the Sharism.
One lady ready some poetry but in all honesty I wasn’t sure what religion it was actual following but I’d guess a middle Eastern.
I tried to get my boys to go and they asked me what kind of concert it was and I didn’t know but it was one of the best Holiday program that I every been to.
After the Celebration we went down stairs and Mrs. Claus brought goodies for the younger kids.

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is just beautiful! I've never had a real Christmas tree in all the years I've been married (30) but maybe one of these days!! The celebration you went to sounds like it really was wonderful and I'm so glad you enjoyed it:-) I'll be on the road most of this week so I want to take this opportunity to with you and yours a very Merry Christmas!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a real tree once, but I was allergic to it!

    I guess I should get on with decorating ours. It just went up last night. The kids are feeling like Christmas will never come!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...