Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Long Time Coming Around


Recently we got two dvds from netflix. Glory and Wicker Man


Glory was about the first negro armed military unit out of the civil war. As we know it took the civil war to begin to get any African Americans basic rights.
What amaze me how slow it to real give the African Americans any human rights til basically the sixties.
I’ve found this interesting how we some may think of African Americans during the civil war both sides. They considered Negroes as “Monkey Childern”.
These solider had trouble and the commanding officer to take them serous and fairly.
The unit findlay got their chance to prove their self in battle and understood “freedom” from slavery.
Confession time I’m some what a history buff

The next movie I saw was the wickerman. Murphy and I took the content differently.
He saw it as intolerance to other believe and I saw it as people with no free will.
There this people who lived off an island from Scotland who practice paganism and some how reported a missing child and a police officer who was a devoted christen had to look for this missing child.
It seems the people on the island was giving him the run around by talking in riddles. Well not to give to much away.
Confession time I don’t see how anyone would let them self let go of their free will and follow anyone ideology

Both Movies to me how we take sometime a long time to change our social value and human rights. We’re still trying to make amends.


My son Sawyer took his girl friend Valarie to Ainsworth Hot Springs I gather from my son it over rated but I think he enjoyed his self. Ainsworth isn’t that far from us and I’ve drove by it.
I find going into Canada fairly easy. Coming back into the United States can be a pain in ass. Didn’t you know who ever enters in the United States legal or illegal is a terrorist Believe me they ask dumb question and lot more the the Canadian customs.

.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of the movie Wickerman is supposed to be very good, but have not yet seen it. Have to look for it at the rental place.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...