Saturday, June 27, 2009

Knee High to What???

I don’t why there time I get the days of the week mixed up. I thought yesterday was Saturday.
But it real doesn’t matter because the sun always rise in the east and sit in the west.



I’ve looked at some other garden pictures and things around here seem to be lagging behind.
No harvest yet.
We have quite a bit of things growing.
One side we have.

Corn, which is about 6 to 12 inches tall. Depending on the stalk or how you measure it. There an old saying that corn needs to be knee high by the 4th of July.
I have no ideal why it needs to be that tall.
No one every told me knee high to what.

We got quite a bit of green beans. They’re starting to sit buds on them.

Plus we have different types of squash growing as well. I won’t bore you what is what.
Mainly I would have to go and read the tags.

Along the fence there sunflowers and they seem to be just growing their merry way. Plus we have a few other flowers among the fence line.
Bachelor button, strawflowers, and zinnia are among the sunflowers.

A long the north side of the garden there also parsnips and dahlias growing.
Haven’t yet mature in too much yet.
The dahlias should be red or white



I was left a comment yesterday on my blog tell me about a give away. This give way is over at Moody mom reviews look like she giving a way quite a bit of make up.
So I believe it wouldn’t hurt to stop by Moody Mommy reviews

2 comments:

  1. hey...thanks for showing the pics. it is good to be able to compare plant growth. i feel like mine is so far behind. i am just getting tomatoes. the beans have flowers. the potatoes are growing like crazy. i drove by some farms a few days ago and their corn was about two feet tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of wish I had the room for a garden. We've got a few plants that were planted by the previous tenets but I wouldn't know the first thing about taking care of them.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...