Saturday, September 15, 2018

Looked and Wish I didn't

Went on line and check what I might be getting from social security and  OMB  which help low income people pay for the medicare and the other cost that goes with it.
Both my client is under QMB they both get SSDI and SSI. They have nothing taken out there check for there medical insurance and I'm not sure if federal or state picks it up. But medicare covers 80% and medicaid from the state picks the 20% up.
Well then I have a friend that she got QMB and it only picked up the insurance premium but the 20% that medicare doesn't cover she was responsible for.
Simple she has a resident and property. But my client has no property, they both rent and receives subsidized housing,

After all that. In my own mind I start to go though a "What if" and figure all the decision was made by me or other that effect were I am or will be.
I know I don't want to complete depend on medicaid or SSI. But my friend Alice wish I didn't look. I know I wouldn't be getting that much.
But for me to get $1,000 a month look like I will wait until I'm 70 years old. Some time between 63 and 64 I was going to either cut back my hours or quite.
I wasn't going to sign up for social security until after 67 years old.
This is what my social security might look like. If I take it at 62 which I don't see it $369 a month, 63 I would get a little more, and then at 67 I would get something like $766
I don't know if this is still option or not. I could possible get 50% of my husband, and continue to work. I believe I have to be over 62.
 He doesn't get that much from his social security, $777 and they take out $108 for his medicare.
If I didn't work or have the asset we would have to pay his medicare premium or 20% that medicare doesn't pick up

My friend Alice ex-husband get $350 a month and not sure why he isn't get his SSI , which would bring his income up to $750 a month.

Guess blame can go away around. I thought I would of do little better finical, although I knew I wouldn't be global trotter either.
 But I do know how bureaucracy work because of my job. My home is paid for, and my living cost isn't all that high.
Blaming isn't going solve the problem.
And there always way to cut corners, there usual something out there to get one though about anything. And do have my ceramic molds I can still put it in basement and bring in a little income. In reality I believe I could bring in extra $400 a month.

Dishes are waiting and I guess all is tired of me gribbing. I know I am

Coffee is on


9 comments:

  1. And they're talking of cutting Social Security because they "can't afford it" due to those tax cuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't comment on this, because our system is completely different. As soon as you start working the Social Security contribution is automatically deducted from your gross salary, to avoid that people suddenly when old have no money at all !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They deducted about 8% and the employer matches 8% so 16% goes into the federal retirement fund. But it depends what you make in your working life...So more you contribute more your pension will be. I believe the max in social secerity is about $2,700 a month and average being $1,200

      Delete
  3. Our system is different as I've mentioned before. I don't know how you get by on so little each month. Perhaps your groceries are cheaper than ours? And to have to pay medical costs from that small amount just doesn't seem fair. At least there is an extra income for disabilities, that brings in a bit more, but probably a lot of it goes right out again for medications.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, that doesn't sound like much to live off. Especially for those who don't own their own home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...