Sunday, September 24, 2017

Hopeful It's All Covered.

Just finish making and trying to figure things out for October. Like budget and goals. September bills are almost paid. Still need to write a check out for the water bill.

Saturday was quite busy. I went to our area T.O.P.S rally. I sure was having panic attacks there. I was wondering how I would react...I'm the one who came up with this year theme..."How The west was one and weight was lost"
Well all in all I had a wonderful time.
Then that evening we had a small gathering to celebrate one of our pagan harvest, Mabon. A small gathering of 7.

I watch the news show 60 minute and not sure if it every Sunday or not. But Oprah did a great table discussion on DIVIDED COUNTRY.
Question time...Do you think you could set at table and have discussion on events knowing that people there is total ageist the way you think? 

I got the book on blood type diet. But at this time I would have a hard time following it. But last week I was in Sandpoint and Regis and I stop in there library, and found they had this book. THE WRITING DIET 
Two things I thought it sound interesting and it was checked out.

I know I grumble on my blog. On one had I feel horrible doing it. But on the other side of coin. I have a horrible time grumble in real life.
Like to night my hubby made a wonderful dinner pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and fresh squash from the garden.
Although I watch my portion.
But I don't know how many time I've been told by doctors to watch my salt intake. And even recommed that I follow the DASH diet. And you can see the dash diet salt intake is 1,500 mg a day.
I'm not sure how much salt he uses. But he says he doesn't use that much. But usual food taste salty to me.

Did a little or prep work on the deck. Built a form to pour cement for the landing. Which we're planning to do on Wednesday.
I finely got my white strips cut for the rag rug I'm working on.

Coffee is on







15 comments:

  1. If food tastes salty then there is far too much salt in it. Try doing all your cooking without adding any salt at all, most people I know already do that, then if the food tastes too bland add some other type of seasoning to flavour it when it is on your plate. Pepper instead of salt, there are different types of ground pepper, chilli, cayenne and so on, lemon juice on salads instead of oily dressings that may contain salt. When hubby cooks for you, ask him to please use no salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandma Olive who follow doctors order to the T. She had no salt in her diet. Every so often she would hide and sprinkle the salt and lick it...Well her average weight was around 108 pounds and she gave birth to 12 children.

      Delete
  2. Also, be sure to taste your food before reaching for the salt shaker. Try to get used to the real taste of cooked vegetables etc instead of the salty taste you've become used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    River beat me to it - absolutely true that if you can actually taste the salt then there is far too much. Salt is a flavour enhancer - that is to say, it is used to bring out the flavour of the food it is added to. With just the right balance, you will taste maximum potatoe, squash or whatever but no actual saltiness. I know so many folk who claim food has not taste when what they actually mean is they can't taste any salt. This is a problem for oh so many reasons. River's pointers are valid and worth trying out!

    I have often sat at a table with differing opinions being aired; one has to be calm and collected and have strong intellectual arguments to put forward in order to not feel bullied or belittled. Very often those with the most divisive (ie negative) opinion are often the loudest and prone to thinking theirs is the only one worth having. A certain commander in chief shows this tendency. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To have a conversation of different ideals one needs to listen...Coffee is on

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4:23 AM

    That is what a blog is for. To have a whinge and complain about things, and then everyone feels sorry for you and say nice comforting words. I agree with River about salt. You can get used to not having it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a blog is one way for us to have our voice heard

      Delete
  5. Oprah did a very credible job on that piece. She is an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is. I miss her afternoon show

      Delete
  6. Good thing that you have planned everything before October comes! This just shows that you're an organized person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question time - I think it might be an opportunity to try to open their minds and expose them to my way of thinking - and also an opportunity to try to understand their way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't salt anything. Too many prepared foods already have too much salt, even plain old canned green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For salty, check your prepackaged foods for how much sodium they have. That's where it really gets you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I am sorry I missed that Oprah show, sounds interesting. Maybe it is on the internet. My hubby tries to watch his salt intake, eating it is hard for him. Eating at home the salt is easier to control. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, March 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I decided to give up on the book I was trying to read:  COLLECTIVE WISDOM.  I even started to wonder if it was a MISANDRY. Or maybe the w...