Friday, November 15, 2013

Crunching The Time

I did get all the way though all the shelves out in the shed/barn. Got rid of least 10% of stuff or even a little more. Question time...How does a person a get so much stuff. Older I get less stuff I want or even really need.
Now what I would like to do is have a yard sale and get rid of more of the things in that shed. But it coming on to winter and it just plain silly try to have a yard sale. No one want to wade though snow.
But there spring that's usual when people start to have yard sales.
Also it time to start to go though some of stuff in the basement. Well I'll have a picture of my pantry room in basement. Part of the photo hunt.
 
I been embroidery a set of pillow cases. I got the larger butterfly done. I had to draw in design with a fine tip marker.
Actual I was a little worried at the rate I was going it wouldn't be done by Christmas. These pillow cases will be given to Sawyer and Betty as couples gift. 
  I haven't done a french knot. Had to watch a video on how to do it. Strange I haven't yet figure how to save or place videos. Maybe better luck next time. One can see I'm no wiz on computer.

 
Still chugging along with my ornaments. Last time I took a count. I needed 30 of them for gifts or part of wrapping gifts. I like doing 4 at a time. Which gives me a chance to mix and match all different colors. Well I still have a few ornaments for sale
I think the next one I'll put up for sale is Baby Jesus one. Can't see listing much more.


 
I just made a batch of snickerdoodles and I'm taking them down to Spokane Valley giving them to Sam family which Bart is renting what I would call a bachelor pad. So they can share.
Also give some to Sawyer and Betty.
1 Cup of butter (2 sticks) 2 Eggs, 2 Cups of sugar, 1 tablespoon corn syrup and 2 and half teaspoon of vanilla...mix together.
3 ½ cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 2 teaspoon of soda ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon

Roll into walnut shape balls then roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture (3 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon) place on cookie sheet about 3 inches apart then gentle press down.
Bake at 375 for about 10 to 12 minutes.

Earlier in the day we went and paid half of property taxes. Everything is valued at $143,840 but we get a home exemption of $45,595. Yearly our property taxes are $1,143.38. Next half due in June of 2014.

Coffee is on

5 comments:

  1. i got rid of a ton of stuff a few years ago and now i miss about half of it. i'd never use it but it had some good memories so my advice would be to think twice before getting rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much stuff I don't even know what stuff I have anymore. So I go buy new stuff cuz the old stuff is to hard to find.

    Fuck it, when I die someone else can deal with all my stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this point I'm being careful what is what.
    I've seen people going though other people stuff "all crap" and there just tossing it in a bond fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,

    This is a good idea to go through our stuff and get rid of it.

    I need to do that but finding the time can be hard.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! I end up accumulating lots of stuff too. Then it's an exercise to get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...