Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nothing To Spooky

Not much go around here on Halloween. I live to far from town and the homes are to far apart for people to take their kids trick or treating. But as must year I get some candy. This time I got some rollos.
But the odd occasion we have had a trick or treaters. 
  I haven't seen that many place deck out for Samhain. The trouble around here that lot of people here around heavy into the Evangelical...I call it evilgenitality....I can imagination a few preacher speaking against it...I won't say no more.

I believe this is the last day of samhain sirens 2012
but sense there was one day cancel because of Sandy. They could possible be a make up day...I'm not loosing any sleep over it. 


 
Pumpkin Cheeseball

With a mixer, blend 16 ounces room-temperature cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, 3 tablespoons minced onion, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 teaspoons ground cumin and 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno. Scoop onto plastic wrap and use the wrap to form the mixture into a 5-inch pumpkin-shaped ball; chill at least 2 hours. To serve, unwrap, roll in crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips and press a bell pepper stem into the top.

 
Now once again the drawing is for hand-crafted hand-fasting cord. Done by sosannas closet She also have a esty page call Sosannas Closet

Best to all on Samhain and the coffee is on.


3 comments:

  1. I've lived on this street since 98 and we don't do halloween here. There's only three houses on this block so that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fun evening with my friends - over 200 kids this year. My friend lives on a street that always decorates for Christmas, & for some other holidays, so she has a potluck & gets our help handing out candy & counting kids!
    2 couples & I went over, one couple had gone to Ireland this summer, so pulled up a slideshow on the laptop, & we got to take a little virtual journey!
    Thanks for visiting the 'Vale' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:04 AM

    "evilgenitality" - I like that!

    When we moved to England, I found out trick-or-treating isn't really big here. It does happen, but most of the families go to the Air Base.

    I am looking forward to going home to the U.S. next year and getting trick-or-treaters again. I just love seeing the costumes!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...