Friday, May 20, 2022

Today Is May 20 2021, This Is What Happen.

 


When weekend comes around, I'm so ready to jump for joy. Not saying my clients are awful beings. It bull crap of my job is getting to me. I figure if I count down on every post it would make my job just drag out more. So my next count down announcement won't be until July. The sign in and out by phone here can be total pain in patootie. Some time cell service can be sketchy here. The average salary for what I do in United States is $14.83 an hour. In state of Idaho our pay will run average of $10 to $12 an hour. One my grand niece was only making $8 an hour. So Medicaid pays home care or personal care agencies around $23 and hour and that last figure I knew of. So legal here in Idaho they only need to pay $7.25 an hour. They need to get rid of the agency or middle part of it. They need overseers. The people going in home could make a better wage. And it would run state less money.



Now a little bit on retirement, no day count. I was planning to call agency on Jan of 2023, and tell them this is my last year. I will be cutting down by fourth every quarter though the last year. This gives them a chance to find a new replacement. But now there such a shortage of person care giver. It takes up to six months to find replacement. I'm going to advice my client not to wait, immediately get on it. If they find anther caregiver they ought to snatch that person up. If it takes six months to find one, which would be July something. I will be down to 18 hours a week.



Got my top of my body taken care of. I need some practical things for my top half of my body. A bra and the other two things I got from Amazon is jeans for hubby. And a new battery for my phone. Oh I got my hair cut. I will show you my new cut this weekend.


I have some things I want to take care of around the place on Saturday. Make peanut butter rice krispies, wash both bathroom sink and toilet, and put up my purses. We have leak in fan in the bathroom. That will take priority. Look like it will rain most of Saturday. If there is a break in weather Murphy might go up and see it the vent pipe. If it is and looks like Sunday it might be clear off. If issue is pipe he can fix it then.


The pick up had half tank of gas, and I decided to top it off, it cost $52.70. .30¢ more it will be $5.00 a gallon here.

Coffee is on and stay safe

13 comments:

  1. One of my neighbours is 87 and doesn't get out much anymore, so she had an agency find someone to come and talk with her a couple of times a week. The agency charges her a fee for this, then the one who comes to talk also has to get paid by my neighbour, a small amount per hour. She told the agency no more and now myself and another neighbour visit and talk to her for free and sometimes we take cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s the same everywhere. They can’t get health workers because they just don’t pay enough for what the person does We buy our fuel in litres. There is just over three and a half litres to your gallon. And we are paying over $2 a litre so roughly $6.50 a gallon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carers, nurses and home-helpers are also paid badly here, and then the employers wonder why they cant get people to do the job! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:48 AM

    I know it is comparing apples and oranges as most goods and housing are cheaper in your country but such a low wage sounds absurd

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...many jobs don't a living wage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re getting closer and seem to have a viable plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pay health care workers a living wage and there won’t be a shortage anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Songbird. There is a woman who has been working with my autistic brother in law for almost five years - she takes him out in the community and they work on certain goals like learning to comparison shop, learning to use a bus service for people with disabilities, etc.She works with him and other clients. At the last planning meeting she told me she makes barely above minimum wage. And they wonder why there's a shortage of people for that job....Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut butter rice krispies sound good. It takes our mind off low wages for a bit

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought some new brassieres too. Now I need to find a couple of new pairs of stretchy jeans. I had let both clothing items slide during the pandemic because no one was around to see how ratty they were anyway! But can't use that excuse now, LOL!

    Yesterday on my blog, I posted about a tarot site that you might enjoy. I hope you pop over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, we're all tired. I'm so ready for summer. It doesn't mean I don't like the work; I just need some time off.

    I got some new bras when the place I get them from had a sale. One Stop Plus online (squish the words together for the URL) has some good sales from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Dora. Wages in Idaho sound terrible. People do want to work if they are paid and respected which is the problem the "entitled" cannot deal with, preferring slave labour that has to feed itself

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like my job but really need to balance work with rest.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...