Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Today Is Tuesday January 5 2020, This Is What Happen

 

Went out and did a little shopping. Community Thrift store and down to Under the Sun. I am getting ready to send a package down to You Tubber. She does quilts and junk journal. It helping me go though my stuff and so far I stop at two of our local thrift store. Got a few items to add. One more thrift store to check out locally.

One thing about pandemic is I am getting a chance to go though things. It seems slow. But the key word is study as she goes. Since my life is work and necessary business of living. After that I pretty much stay on home front. Only got two pile of current fabric to iron and possible send down to my You Tubber friend. So it quite looking like I will have this around a fabric taken care of. 

As I was saying I went into two place and I didn't look around. But I saw I was the only one in either establishment that was wearing a mask. Neither one of places even Plexiglas between the cashier and the customer. Since it small town usual you end up chit chatting with the cashiers. As lady was ringer my items up. I ask her if the three mile antique was the only place she had her items at. She said yes and between work at store and taking care of her ailing mother it all she can handle. I am almost 61 and she older then me, and in past mention her social security check isn't all that much. But what got to me she in establishment of people don't wear mask and going to take care of her mother. Like I said I wear a N95 

This is what I am jacked about. Got record call from my employer (supervisor) and telling us. We are not able to get a covid vaccine. I need to call them and see what, where and when. I thought it would be sometime toward the end of February.



One thing I never done is make paper. And even thought it would be interesting and fun. I've googled it several time. Well when I was in the thrift store I came across a paper making kit, it was ninety nine cents. 

9 comments:

  1. Here: No mask, stay out.
    Looking forward to your paper! Never seen that here, hope you make a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a lucky find with the paper making kit. I am annoyed with those who dont wear masks - my son has to share a van on his job with another man (driver) who doesn't wear a mask, his wife had covid over christmas so you would think he might be more considerate/aware, I'd like to punch his head in for being so selfish! all our shops are closed apart from food, petrol pharmacy now we are in the third lockdown. Hope you get your vaccine soon - I am 61 and don't expect to be in line until the Summer for the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a care worker I think you should be able to get the vaccine. Shame on that cashier not wearing a mask, with her elderly mother depending on her.
    My daughter once made some paper from a kit, it turned out fairly thick and soft, a bit like old style blotting paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Mom and Dad turn around and walk out if they go into a place where people are not wearing masks. They are too stupid to deserve their money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read about making paper too and always wanted to try it. Speaking of masks, nobody wore them at the auto shop I took my car to. I hurt my back walking back and forth to try to get and drop off car last week, but got a ride, since my back was sore, to take it back in Monday and pick up. Then the lady who gave me the ride told me when dropping me off final time, she was exposed to the virus at Christmas by someone who came to her house. Yikes, I thought, what if she has it, and now I rode in her car with her. It had been ten days since her exposure, but still. So I came home and took a shower and gargled with mouthwash and all that, but will stay clear of anyone now til I know for sure she didn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stores are curbside pickup only in the Toronto area now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have a go at a paper making kit just to see what is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been able to go through things too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think making paper would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 17, 2024: This Is What Happened

There was very little going on today. I went to the library to get a printout. We don't own a printer, and I'm afraid I would have ...