Sunday, November 29, 2020

Today Is Sunday November 29 2020, This Is What Happen

 Plan to tell story of my Aunt Alice pulling a gun on her husband. But before that I thought I would try to give brief run down of her parents and grandparent. Other words my grandparents and great grand parents on my maternal side.

Let start with my great grand parents McCalmant. This family had his, her and their children. My great grand dad Elisha was married to Marinda Davis, they had 5 children although not all of made to adult hood. Her last child (daughter) and her death is on same day. In about four or five years he married a lady Cynthia Myra Brunson, who was divorce lady, but at one time was married to Jesse Pollard. Pay attention to the names. Jesse and Cynthia had a daughter Minnie Florence. Plus Cynthia had sister name Minnie Mary. Between Elisha and Cynthia they were 9 children, and all didn't make it to adulthood. So total of 15 children. My great grandparents (Elisha and Cynthia) had one daughter "Maud Alice" 

Now let go to my mom moms side "Shirley" My great grandfather "Charles Shirley" Not exactly sure who is his biological parents. No solid evidence who his parents might be. I got three possible leads who his dad might be. And my own speculation. But this isn't time to talk about it. I don't want to get to far off track. Charles Shirley married Anna Muench. They had two daughter one was Catherine "Katy" and my grandmother Olive "Olly" Plus 4 boys. My mother said her Aunt Katy was "half wit" and my grandmother was fairly intelligent and was on top placement of her class. As I understand my grandmother had to cover and make Katy look good. So this is what I was told. If my grandmother did anything her sister Katy would get the praise for it. So like if my grandmother baked bread, they told people Katy did it. 

So my grandmother had issue with nicknames and only time she used a nick name if she actual had a distain for person. Never heard her call her sister by her real name. As she said her name she would move her head and say...Katy...Katy....Katy...Katy...Katy....Katy...Katy...Katy...Katy...Katy...Katy....and she had something about both of her sister in law Maud, who middle name is Alice. Which is her husband Edgar full sister. And she had issue with her mother in law daughter Minnie Florence. She had refer to her mother in law as "old bitch" and mother in law daughter Minnie as the "slut" 

So hopeful soon I can tell about her first child "Alice" she was name after her sister Catherine. Alice middle name was Catherine. Then my grandfather full sister Maud her middle name was "Alice". So they took both sisters middle and came up with their first child. 

If my grandma knew someone by a name she had bad experience or for what every reason didn't like that name. She could be right down cruel to them. So here is possible name she didn't like inform of Kathy, Alice, Cynthia, Florence, Myra and I'm sure there more. If my grandmother Olive was a live she ran or meant a person by one of the names above she could possible be quite nasty to them.  Opinion time...I don't think she related well with females in general. 

Hopeful this up coming week I can move on to my Aunt Alice, who I never knew. And story of gun she pulled on her husband "Udo"    

Enough family story and history.

I did some online shopping. I believe I'm done when it comes to on line shopping. I will show a photo of first thing that comes and last package that comes in. The rest I can handle locally. I got my snow people out and put up. Not sure if I will put tree or do cards. 

Paid bills, our car insurance is due. I pay it every six months. And wrap up two gifts.

Been blogging since 2005. Two weeks ago or so, I was watching P.B.S and usual toward the end of news cast they have CANVAS ARTS and they had segment on JOURNALING THOUGH A PANMENIC and I did a fast count and it looks like post about covid 87 time. Not guarantee the count.

Off to work, and first place will be to take Regis to the doctor.

Stay Safe and Coffee is on

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:06 PM

    Family research can be so addictive. I didn't know you have been blogging for so long. What an effort and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your gun story. You have an interesting family history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty big family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandmother sounds like a difficult individual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big family will wait to hear Alice’s story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been blogging for a while - well done.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...