Saturday, November 28, 2020

Today Is Saturday November 28 2020, This Is What Happen

 I live in area that don't take covid serious. Not going into some conspiracy theory. But one of local people posted this on facebook, and I know these people who is kind all way around and I feel sorry they have to go though this, and would like to share it. It was written on Friday November 27 2020

Marty here. What a f’d up night. The hospital discharged Rockey only to have him go back by ambulance 5 hours later in extreme respiratory distress. The local EMTs are nothing short of amazing. Competent, confident, warm & friendly. Thank you.
About 2:00 am both Valdie & Rockey were vomiting. Rockey didn’t make it to the bathroom. The vomiting exacerbated his breathing difficulties and he became very cyanotic (turning blue from the lack of oxygen). His breathing, to a veterinarian, was bordering on agonal, what you see before death. I got Valdie back in bed and she asked a) who was in the kitchen talking (it was the EMTs), and b) she couldn’t remember where she put the ham she bought for Teresa & I (also bought one for Jim & Ruth).
Valdie got up twice more to go to the bathroom. Each time I got up worried about emesis (vomiting), but we only needed a diaper change. The phone rang about 4:00 and 5:00 am. No, it wasn’t the hospital but those &!%#* telemarketers. I needed my mouth washed out with soap after I hung up, I was so upset about weakened Valdie being awakened.
About 6:00 am, Rockey was transported by ambulance to Bonner General Hospital to the COVID quarantine unit. He’s in serious condition. Teresa and I talked with family friend and physician, Chuck Newhouse and with Rockey’s age and underlying health issues, the prognosis is poor.
I don’t post this for you to admire or feel sorry for me. I post because:
1) I want to put a human face on COVID. It’s not a fake disease in “other places.” Its a deadly serious disease in your neighborhood.
2) To serve as a warning to take the precautions from the medical professionals. You’re not just protecting yourself and your family and friends. You’re protecting young and old alike, the Valdies and Rockeys that live on your street, on your road, in your apartment complex, in your town.
3) Rockey loves attention (as you all know) and it really cheers him up to read your comments.
4) We could all feel your prayers. Valdie mentioned it several times as did Teresa.
As a family of faith and with a medical background, these could very well be Valdie & Rockey’s very last days on earth. We fought to protect them from COVID, knowing that contracting it most likely would mark the last chapter in their life books.
Don’t take this wrong, but if one goes, we pray the other will too. Rockey has been hooked to his mom’s hip for 72-years; Valdie was gifted by having a son who never grew up, who adores his mother and who still views her much younger than her 95-years. We don’t know God’s plans, but I hope it’s not “till death do us part.” Be together in death like you were in life.
Still praying for a miracle

Rocky could make your day. Here three known compliments he would give any lady young and old like....your skinny....you look so young....or...you look like a movie star.

Now my Saturday the 28th. Did some small errand in town. Won't be returning to town til Monday. Back to work. These extra days off was good for me. I'm shorting my work week also during Christmas. I will work the 21st 22nd and 23rd of December. Take off the 24th, 25th, 26th and the 27th. And it look like I will do the same for new years.

Been picking up the house and clearing off things so I can put up my snow people collection.


Got the table cleared and put on table cloth or table covering. I actual like a table covering and nice center piece, although it seems rare for me to do it. Might even buy my self a nice flower arrangement or poinsettia.


Then got shelf clear off to put part of my snow people collection on.

Start back doing fitday, keeping track of my calorie count. Nothing on the 26th and so so on the 27th.

Not sure what the rest of day will bring, but I will continue on a little later after my break.

Stay Safe and Coffee is on




11 comments:

  1. If only everyone took the precautions the world could heal a lot quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for all the people who have covid through no fault of their own, if only everyone would wear a mask and wash their hands, keep a social distance etc.
    I like tablecloths, but never use any, for me it's just one more thing that gets covered in cat hair and needs washing. I'm thinking of a few Christmas decorations, my snow globes definitely and maybe a few things hanging high where the cat can't get them, although I don't think she would anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...what will it take for people to take Covid-17 seriously, more deaths?

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Twitter there are so many threads of people talking about their paths through Covid or medical professionals talking about people in the Covid wards who still think it's a hoax. And they're dying of it. Scary how people can still be in such denial, even while dying of Covid. Wear a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so sorry your friends are going through a horrid covid Illness
    We too have those that done BELIVE and the whole time we were in lock down they keep complaining and saying it’s a conspiracy or it’s not as bad as they are making out
    But people, family, friends loved ones are dying.
    Stay safe and well and I hope we all come through and see a brighter new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Dora. One of my children went to a family Thanksgiving with his fiance' who's a nurse. THEN they went to a birthday party! I'm just sick about it and now worried beyond belief. When will people get it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sad that people can't understand the seriousness of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Valdie and Rocky’s stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about Valdie and Rocky. The person (relative?) who wrote about them really did put a human face to those infected by the coronavirus. Hope this makes some people who still won't wear a mask and/or socially distance think and change their ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that was scary Dora, you don't think these things happen to people you know.. but they definitely do! Good luck with the Christmas preparations 🎅

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... a poinsettia is always nice for Christmas.

    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...