Thursday, August 06, 2020

Today Is Thursday August 6 2020, This Is What Happen

I decided it was my turn to share a story from my childhood. As many of you know my given name is Dora, and at that time my name related to the character DUMB DORA and even some of the teacher used my name against me.

Confession time...I would like to do a diorama but it gives me some the terrors. 
In 4th or 5th grade for art project we did at home we did a diorama. Mine was going to be a canoe by river scene. 
I put a lot of time and effort in it. My parents had birch rounds to burn in fireplace, and took the bark and made a canoe out of it. Took some of my mom heavier thread from her sewing. I took piece of kindling and some type clay and make axe and leaned it up against the stump that was made out of brown construction paper. Then had a little fire scene. With river and got some painted some glue down with sand.
For someone who was in grade school it came out excellent. But the teacher told me I wasn't smart or good enough. Plus called my parents up about it. My mother told them I did the project.
I fought all my life about my name. It didn't happen just that one time. I find more difficult and have a hard time understanding why adult behave this way.  More than my peers. 
 I found it was lot easier and safer to play not all that bright. 
 To this day I have horrible fear being falsely accused. Even if I was proven  not guilty. The ideal of it bothers me to no end.
Now people ask me if I was name after DORA THE EXPLORER actual I was name after two of my great grandma. 
I was real careful what I name my sons. There a part of me like a lot of things I would love to do a diorama 

Still feel a little emotional exhaust although a lot better. Still going to work and haven't done anything creative. 
Even if just organizing I am hoping I can start moving that way. 
Been working on some family history and found out there possible I have cousin that lives in Spokane only meant her few times. Learn her husband pass away two years ago and she quite the artist. 

Coffee is on


11 comments:

  1. I can't imagine that teachers can be so mean. They are suppose to be encouraging and supportive to their students. Anyway, let it go, I bet it was a good diaroma you presented. No matter what we do, people will always doubt us, so WE JUST SMILE AND MAKE THE CHOICE WE CAN LIVE WITH 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some teachers shouldn't be teachers, being mean to any of the kids is just plain wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    As I don't know either of the characters you mention, I just took you for Dora, my blogpal... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tha5 teacher sounds like a horror

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad teacher. Go do that diorama for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, that teacher should have chosen another profession, how rude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's terrible. I'm sure you worked hard on that diorama. And I would never make fun of a child's name. That's just so rude. (When other kiddos do it, I like to make a joke of it. I turn to the bullying kiddo and say, "Like they've never heard that one before," and roll my eyes. The bullied kiddo usually gets it.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:04 PM

    Dora the Explorer is what came to my mind, and exploring is quite a good thing to be associated with. Whoever suggests you were named after the Explorer is not very bright if they know your age. Pretty bad having a mean teacher. I hope there aren't many now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Words are very powerful and we should be mindful of how we use them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not all teachers are nice people, how cruel to taunt someone about their name. Dora is a lovely name, but I know when we are young and vulnerable and people tease us it can have a huge affect on us. From now on think of yourself as Delightful Dora ✨

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 24, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I give this door up to two years. Murphy and I so, called, put a band-aid on it. It is an off-size door between a linen and an interior d...