Friday, March 27, 2020

Today Is Friday March 27 2020, This Is What Happen

This is our or might be our new normal. Not medical expert but I am guessing our first around of virus will be to a crawl in June. Not a stop but to crawl and it depends what we as earthling do. But the damage of our economy is hard to say.
It could of been less of blow. With our massive  tax cut for rich is coming home to roost. Wages not going up. United States hasn't raised it minimum wage in 11 years.

My parents told me about ration stamps and never said it was to aid the war effort in 40's. In the 40's my mom was living here in North Idaho. One thing she mention about SHOES being ration and living by Canadian border would go into Canada and purchase shoes. And they were made in America at that time.

Although history people been RATIONING items, free will or some government restriction. Trying to find ITEMS that was ration
My parents pretty much grocery shop once a month and wonder why they did this. Is answer because GAS RATION. A tank of gas last me in my car 2 to 4 weeks. Which would be 10 gallons. Gas mileage back then was quite a bit different. I recall cars having big V8 and getting horrible miles per gallon.
There was quite a list of items RATION
With run on toilet paper in recent time. I wonder if we need some type of ration. Hubby and I go though a roll between a one to two week.

If we had to ration our items I think some people would come un-hinged. Could you image some people being only loud this amount on these items
1. 20 beers month
2. 4 dozen eggs a month
3. quarter once of pot (marijuana) for a month
4. 16 ounce of laundry soap for month
5.  2 roll of paper towel for month
Could you hold out? It doesn't matter what it is I think some could make what every last.
Editor note...These are not factual figures above.
Now if we ration our self to once a week going into the store, like other place seem to be doing.
Question time...What do you think needs to be ration and why...for me it would be my calories. Since this happen my eating been out of control.

Gee I never said about my day. I drove by the thrift store and there shut down because there not consider essential business and a lot of items is pile in front.
I wonder if it going to fall out into the parking lot. People being home have time for projects and one could be cleaning. Hope they find a nice corner out of way to nicely stack there items. Once this is over they can donated there items.

Coffee is on

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:42 PM

    How absurd that shoes were rationed yet American made shoes could be bought in Canada. Not a huge loss of profit for the shoe manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 dozen eggs per month for rationing seems like a lot, but maybe that was for families. On my own I only use 1 dozen per month. And you mention paper towels, did they have paper towels back then? Or are you imagining what might be rationed now in these times? I know I could manage without, I have plenty of cloths I could use, it would just mean a lot more washing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes remind me of former GDR. So many things they could not produce, my colleagues from "over there" told me, at times there were no shoes, too.
    Hubby got no pasta yesterday.
    But worse is: No desinfectant, no masks.
    June?!! Oh, please, no!
    How are people earning money then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now stores in my area are voluntarily rationing certain items ...if they have them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the non shopper in our home, I have no idea what shape the grocery stores are in so can't say what needs to be rationed. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we'd have to trade some eggs for some toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gets scarier and scarier, we are not wasting any food now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd never be able to get through that many eggs in a month!
    Food rationing was introduced in the UK during WW2 due to people stockpiling - its a shame the government didn't bring it back a fortnight ago! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I was just thinking about that very thing today Dora.. I'm thinking of clearing a few cupboards myself and was wondering if there would be piles of stuff left outside the stores. For myself I will do as you say.. keep them neatly t home until I can take them into the store :) Oh if only everyone would do the right thing as you say we could be over this so much sooner, unfortunately so many don't take it seriously enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. … and still you have people that are not doing the right thing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best not to go to a thrift shop as you don't know what the virus could be living on. But yeah, this is a great time to go through stuff and get rid of stuff you don't need.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 24, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I give this door up to two years. Murphy and I so, called, put a band-aid on it. It is an off-size door between a linen and an interior d...