Sunday, September 16, 2018

Not Much On Yesterday

Yesterday post was on what I might get for our OLD AGE PENSION. I do have other money in saving and investment. But it still I sure not going to be living high on the hog. At present time I don't.
But maybe I should take a little bit of time how our pension system work. Although I don't have all the answer.
We call our SOCIAL SECURITY.
When you go to work they take out of course your federal taxes, and some time your state tax. Not all state has a state income tax. Idaho does.
But we pay tax called F.I.C.A and this goes in fund. Right now I'm and other who working is supporting those who are  retire now. Once I retire and those in work force support will pay into the system.
But I live in lower income area and didn't have the opportunity to make higher wages. Which I'm not blaming others. It just a fact.
So there people who work all there life for lower wages will get something like $750 a month and those who are top wage earner will get close to $2,700 a month.
Not sure exactly how they figure what someone will receive once there retired. I have friends who is drawing there pension. One of my friends get $980. $850, $350, $1,200. $777, $1,905, and $1,600
As you can see there wide range of amount when it comes to social security pension, those who have a private type of pension it doesn't effect there social security.
I need to move on.

Since Murphy is dealing with SHINGLES and both our temper is hard to maintain. It sure different taking care of your mate then my client.

But I was hoping to get a little father on quilting. I did choose the colors I want to use.

It been a while since I actual did anything in the kitchen. I don't mind being domestic goddess and I hardly get the chance.
So tonight I made up beef barley soup with biscuits
Right now I'm trying to built up my pension.
I thought the perfect job would be work six month of the year, at $30 an hour and then for the next six month draw unemployment. So I can be domestic goddess. But I assume there short coming to this ideal.

I took our flyers up to both boarder we have to customs, EAST PORT AND KINGSGATE then I drove over to PORTHILL AND RYKERTS
I still working on the paper work so I can get a past port to do a little traveling.
It been ages since I drove and still as pretty. Stop and got photo of the kootenai valley.

Coffee is on









16 comments:

  1. There's something different about taking care of family. They're more willing to be their ugly selves, I guess. Not company manners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 PM

    It is interesting to learn how your system works. While most things are cheaper in your country than here, $750 per month is a ridiculous amount to be expected to live on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same system kinda here. But with all the (mostly financial) refugees someone has to pay for I do not see I get a pension, or just a very small one :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your biscuits look lovely and fluffy, do you make them from scratch or do you use a packet mix? I'd love to have the recipe is you make them from scratch. Mine are never fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shingles!!! Poor Murphy and poor you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dora!

    Thought provoking post!
    Keep sharing your best recipes and look forward to your future creations and write ups.

    Thanks and much luv
    Sonia
    http://www.mycreativeflavors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. We spend our whole lives trying to do the right thing, then as we get near retirement age we start to worry that it's not enough. I hope you can get the finances worked out and you are able to do some traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup & biscuits sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The soup looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yikes! I've never had shingles but have heard if is excruciating! Your hearty soup looks wonderful Dora. I hope you get the pension sorted, it would be almost impossible to live on $750 a month, even if you owned your own home ✨

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!! Im so happy to know you ! Thanks by stopping by! I will add you to my favorites! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your soup looks delicious!!!!

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pensions and thinking about them scares me to heck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your beef n' barley soup looks great. That's my favorite. - I also like your quilting fabric. I've been quilting too. I'll post when I get done. - I remember the good 'ol days when your birth certificate and driver's license would get you across the Canadian border. - Have a great weekend, Dora.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...