Thursday, August 16, 2018

What Talent Worth

Part of my job is taking my client to there appointment and there some time I don't go to things like therapy.
Well today was one of those days. In hall way of our hospital some crafters and artist display there work.
I might as well ask my questions...Question time...What would you be willing to pay for someone Handy craft or what percentage of income would you willing to use for Handy crafts or art...
But at the hospital the piece was basically priced from $50 to a little over $1,000
There been piece of art over OVER $40 MILLION and even esty there been piece sold in price range of $15,000 to $268,364
I would fell uncomfortable spending over 10% over our monthly income on any type of art or Handy craft.
Those $1,000 piece or more is differently way out of my price range.

Well I will spread out some photo of the art piece that was entered in our local fair. I took Regis and his piece got a red ribbon and purple ribbon
Then Liz got a red ribbon on her drawing.
Well then my drawing I end with white ribbon.
I will post it part of Friday Painting.

Then my carrots did place, and I would guess the judge would have a hard time choosing a winner. To me they all looked the same.
My other two items didn't place.
I haven't been though the entire fair. But I have to say even I wasn't champion I was part of the community.
I hope to get a good photo of goat. I like goats and it can be my next photo for ABC Wednesday.
Now I found Joyce of "On This Side Of Pond" isn't doing "Hodge Podge Wednesday" I use to do one called "Fill in Friday" I have to look and see if there still out there. I recall there was something to do with menu but they ask question...Start with an appetizer and question might of been...If you could be kitchen appliance what would it be and why...Serving a vegetable....If you could go back in time would you dress to time period. I wish I recall them meme.
Don't know if there such a thing as...Tell Me Story.....Meme or not....Post a picture and tell story base  on the picture.

Coffee is on

12 comments:

  1. The art is lovely. I would never pay so much money just to hang something on my wall. At craft fairs I might pay a little more than I expect because I know how hard it is to make some things and of course the artist needs to make enough money to be able to continue, but I don't think I could ever pay more than $15 or $20. I just don't have that much of a budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure don't have extra thousand laying around for art. Maybe a what I thought was a special piece I might consider 10% of monthly income.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say, some of the Words for Wednesday people put up a picture or two, to write a story or poem about, instead of a word list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to interupts your W F W

      Delete
    2. you could join us, each month a different person puts up the prompts. We have enough to cover up to December, but after that when people are asked to contribute you could choose a month, and put up words or a picture.

      Delete
  3. So much talent there Dora! I love looking at local artist's work, sometimes I do fall in love with a piece, I think the most I've paid is $250.00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pieces.

    I know the pricing formula for handicrafts is materials + time (as the creator needs to pay themselves a salary). And then that price should be doubled for the "retail" price. I think some of those artists are probably paying themselves a huge wage. Not that they don't deserve it, but they're marketing to those with lots of disposable income.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...