Tuesday, February 16, 2016

When Will I Get My Head On Straight

Weight in wasn't good at our local T.O.P.S. I know I eat to much junk and don't get enough exercise in.

Took Carrie to Post Falls to see her doctor that did the hip surgery. And I knew a cut little thrift store close by, and I was hoping they might have some brown cotton fabric I could work on rag rug. No such luck.

They had a new consignment antique store and they had some lovely vintage dress. I found one and I believe it would of been from the 1950's.
I was way to big for it.
Didn't even bother to look at the price tag. Not sure if I could every get down that small. I believe I would look emaciated.

I did mange to find some brown fabric at two of the local thrift stores. And I stop in at one of the fabric shops in Bonners Ferry.
Got my "gold" which is one of the switching colors.
It is a Christmas design fabric. It won't make any different it going to be cut in two inch strips, and know one should see a design in the fabric.
Besides it was 40% off.
With 40% off I might see if they have a green and red for my switching colors.

I'm fairly tired and my camera is up stairs and also the fabric I got is still in car. No photos and I believe I might try to do a little more painting on the simile hunter.

Coffee is on

2 comments:

  1. How soon will you be working on the rug? Do you have to use new fabric? When I cleaned out the closet, I know I threw some great print blouses into the Goodwill bag. Do you ever think of using gently used clothing for your project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, why do you eat too much?

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...