Monday, October 28, 2013

Some Seem To Struggle More Then Others

Yesterday Sunday I was in Super one. I bought three bags of Candy We don't get door knockers for Halloween but Murphette, Alice does. Like usually they seem to be short on funds. Grab threads out of there pockets to make though the month.
After work I stop in at Muphette gave her bag of candy and a dozen cookies I made up. My first cousin once remove Bess was there. Told me that Alice was helping out Aunt Nancy.
Then I stop in at Alice but her ex-husband Marium answered the door. Found out she was out taking care of some business. So I gave the dozen cookies and bag of candy to her Ex.
The third bag of candy and dozen cookies went to my new client who don't seem to struggle as much as some of I've seen. 

 
Melt In Your Mouth Cookies. (short bread cookie)
Put these wet ingredients in a bowl...1 cup of butter (2 sticks) at room temperature , 1 cup of powder sugar, 2 teaspoons of maraschino cherry juice, (the rest can be save or tossed out, juice that is),1/4 cup of maraschino cherries ( I got an 4oz jar when chop it was just slight under the ¼ cup) ½ teaspoon of almond extract...mix together.
 
Then you want to chop and add these ingredients..¼ of mini chocolate chips, ¼ of finely chop pecan ( I just bought a ¼ cup bag) 2 ¼ cup of flour, add to flour is ½ teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ of salt (I didn't add the salt because I use salted butter) and few drops of food coloring if you like.
 
Mix dry and chopped ingredients with wet ingredients.
 
I like to have my cookie dough rest so I place it in the refrigerator as I did up dishes. Half hour or so. 
 
Place 1 inch cookie ball on un-grease cookie. 2 inches a part slight press down on cookie dough.

Bake for 10 to 13 minute until done at 350ยบ One might have to lift up on cookie to see if there done. Look for golden brown on bottom. Had trouble tell when cookies was done.

Coffee is on

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    These look just delectable! And how sweet of you to help those around you at this festive time of the year! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I gave cookies to a neighbor, he said he was on a diet and begged me not to tempt him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look very tasty! I love shortbread cookies. It helped to have the pictures. I like recipes with pictures. I appreciate the thought and time you put into your posts. Thank you for sharing some of your life with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious cookies. Turning me into cookies monster now :)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...