Sunday, September 02, 2012

YOU Use Safety Nets

Austerity is a popular word there using in this year election. But the word austerity is being used in part with the economy. Which simple means “reduced availability of luxuries and consumer goods, esp when brought about by government policy”
A lot of times I've been hearing during the election is cutting taxes and funding for different programs, which is our safety nets for all of us.
With all the talk I haven't yet heard of many cuts or reduction in luxuries items.
Reduction in program that target the ones with lower incomes isn't necessary fair way of austerity.
The ones I'm most concern those who are with out adequate means. Which our safety nets need to be in place and completely intact.
They should have adequate funding. Adequate funding does or doesn't mean to increase or decrease budget for our safety nets.
At present time some of our safety nets are set up to trap one into poverty.
Actual it time to look how our safety nets are actual manged. Are safety nets shouldn't be sat up to entrap someone into pauperization.

Editor Note...This is a letter that was send by me to our local paper.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I get by pretty damn well on my own income of less than a grand a month.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...