Friday, August 03, 2012

Weekend Photo Hunt (Path-Ooooo)


This week for some reason both of photos for this weekend photo hunt came from the same area.

I was never much into rocks simple reason I picked up a lot of rocks out of the fields in Spokane Valley area. Every Spring and fall I had to go out and remove the larger rocks from the strawberry and raspberry patch that my parents had. So I had enough rock picking I thought would last me a life time.
But my husband side has a fascination for geology like things

 
So we went up on Myrtle creek at the beginning of it and there was a few land slides. Which totally change the landscape, so we found some interesting rocks. I don't know who found this rock but it all pretty and shinny. It made me go “ooooo
I'm guessing it either some type of Schist or Mica. But which is rare for the area we were at, Selkirk mountain range.


 
As the land slide happen in Myrtle creek area it cut a new path into the mountain side. Murphy and I hiked up this path that the land slide happen on. I went up to this boulder and went no further then that. Murphy went up little further and told me that the land split up head and there was two different paths.
I wonder what kind force was coming down the mountain to move a boulder like that.



Next weekend photo hunt will be numb and or planes and trains 

 
I just don't know that many people in my area who would follow or have any interest in my religious beliefs. Personal I only know a few people in my area who follow was some what the same spiritual path as I do. I lean more to the “Earth Base Religion or some may called it “paganism”. It not devil worshiping. 

 
Thursday evening as moon was coming up around half past eight Murphette and I did a ritual to thank the god/dess for the bounty from the garden harvest.
Plus we also a touch of Lammas to it.
I thought we put one together at the last moment. It last a little bit longer then five minutes.
I have to say it was simple and I enjoyed my self. Confession time...I wish I knew of local covent in my neck of the woods.
So end of the month when the next full moon is out. We're going up to Quenella place and do a full moon ritual up there. She too isn't into the heavy duty ultra conservative Abraham religions.
Confession time...I felt guilty leaving her out. But it was put together the last moment.
The 27th of this month is her birthday and she will be 65. So we thought of combining a birthday and full moon celebration together.

 
I been attending a class called “Full Catastrophe living” which is design by Jon Kabat Zinn

5 comments:

  1. Nice post for both themes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my .... a landslide. Luckily it didn't cause much damage. Which path did your hubby take in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seldom thank the universe for anything, pretty sure it doesn't give a rats ass about us. Why should it as destructive as mankind is?

    I'm sure enjoying our little three day heat wave, it may get up to 80 here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing what nature does....splitting the land....that's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went up a landslide path? Eeeeeee -- more than oooooo, actually! :O

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...