Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Three In One

Hope later on I find the complete obituary on a 1st cousin of my mother by marriage.

KENNEWICK -- Loretta G. McCalmant, 80, of Kennewick, died April 26 at Hospice at the Chaplaincy in Kennewick.
She was born in Greeley, Colo., and lived in Kennewick since 1958.
She was a homemaker.
Columbia Memorial Funeral Chapel, Pasco, is in charge of arrangements.

The seedling we started is doing o.k. Looks like a few could be transplanted in a larger containers. Another roll in the veggie garden got planted. Most of the roll consist of Beet, Round Red Ace. Then I finished the roll with Lettuce, All Star Gourmet Mix and Swiss Chard, Multicolor Bright Lights.
Use the food dehydrator to dry some carrots we got. I was looking at a blog called homestead survival and they had a picture of different dried vegetables. So I came up with the ideal of drying different veggies. I see so many possibility.
I found some morel mushroom a few in our yard. So Murphy found a few larger ones but they were so old or some animal ate on them.

I know I haven't said anything about this yet here on my blog. The lady I take care of Murphette is going come and stay with me for about 2 weeks. Some of her decision she makes I just shake my head. Any how at some other time I'll post more about it. I don't mind helping someone and I know she would be safe at my home.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of obituaries.....

    Epitaph: George Carlin (suggested by himself) "Gee, he was here a moment ago."

    Epitaph: Billy B Cook “Fuck god, I’m going somewhere else.” (Optional) DELETED.

    I've never seen any morel's in this area, sure liked them when I lived over in Colville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad died in Richland but was buried in Pinehurst Idaho, a few years ago my mother was planted next to him.

    I'll plant a few tomato seeds about the middle of the month, other than that I'm not into growing much.

    Drying foods is pretty simple, doesn't take anything fancy or require a lot of work if you have a decent slicer.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...