Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend Photo Hunt (Street Sign-Texture)

I can recall the streets out side of the city limits didn't have a names. Everyone receive there mail by a “star route” address. Statement time...If there were 2 people with the same first and last name it seem like the postal people got to the right place.
Then it went to “HCR” and a box number. Then before we had street names it was a “HC 1” and a box number.
I would estimate we actual had a street name for about 3 or 4 years as they where putting in our 911 system up here.
Statement time...Part of our phone bill here is .25¢ for each phone that suppose to go to 911 system.
Some time I actual like plants and or flowers not of there color or smell, but as texture.

For next weekend photo-hunt the themes will be Advertising  and or Zap

Questions time...Has anyone used blogger Advertising gadgets?
Once you use it do you have to keep using it or can you select when you use it?

9 comments:

  1. Here all streets have names !
    I had the add gadget but it brings nothing and then my son once found an add for Thai girls on my blog, that was enough ! Now I have 34 $ on my account with them, (the earnings of 2 years, lol ) but they won't pay me because it's under 100 $. So for me it was rather a useless experience and I cancelled the whole thing. But you can try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our street names are randomly named. I've never used the advertising gadget.
    Here's My Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never allow ads on my blog and have no idea what advertizing gadgets are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our streets are mostly named for early settlers to the area. Neat idea for the themes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bark of trees is beautifully textured :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use to be R.R.1 Box when we first moved in over 25 years ago. I think they gave us a regular address a few years later yet people still messed up with the above address.
    Nice trees!
    Thanks for your vote-the baby underground seems to be getting all the votes-that's a little strange to me. I'd rather see like a pregnant lady holding a sapling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers and trees do make for nice textures, as do the bright signs in contrast.

    Interesting to think about a place where streets didn't have names. Names and numbers are so integral to how I find my way around...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm getting the feeling you're living way out in a very rural place. Funnily enough, I've also lived on streets with no names but in the middle of a(n old town) -- Zanzibar Stone Town, Tanzania. :b

    ReplyDelete
  9. As we live on a tiny island, every address has a street name, but we still have missing mail. :P

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...