Friday, December 09, 2011

Weekend Photo Hunt (light and decoration)

We all know and those who don't know that
TN CHICK  retire from photo hunt and pass the torch to Whistle Stop Photo Hunt  there regular blog is whistle stop cooking.
Also Gattina of Writer Cramp will also be hosting a hunt and it will be called Saturday photo hunt I'm going to try to do both Statement time...I need my head examine. But I'll be calling mine “weekend photo hunt”.
My post may be a little lengthy this month.

First time out Whistle Stop Photo Hunt picked the them of “lights” and my guess she took this theme because of Christmas and majority of people has there tree up and all deck out. We put up real tree and here is a picture where it will be going and all lite up.
Next week theme here is “Joy”
Decoration what Gattina picked for her first hunt. I have no ideal what this is called but I know it has something to do with the Scandinavia countries and I got it at an estate sale.
Then every year I pick up a new ornament to hang on my tree. The one I bought is the red bird on crystal pine cone.
Then also I painted one of ceramic ornaments. Most of them I give or sell.
Next week hunt theme will be “natural”

Thursday the 8th of December my friend Quenella and I went to Bonners Ferry to do our Christmas Shopping. I”m trying to avoid big box store such as wal-mart and like.
We're spending a lot less this year on the holidays. I usual spend $15 to $20 on the kids at Christmas eve party well this year the gifts are right around $5. There 6 kids there and thee total was $30.00
I only need to order 4 or 5 more present on line. I'm waiting to see if Alice sold my dragon or not. She was heading to craft show in Spokane. If she sell it I'll then order Murphette gift on line if not. She'll get the dragon and she collect dragon.
I'm stumped on practical gift for my oldest son. But it needs to be figure out before Tuesday. Any ideal for a 23 year old guy who got his on pad. I don't want to go much over $30.00



13 comments:

  1. The middle pic looked intriguing. I like the candles at the bottom. The ornaments are so cute. :D Different shades of hay from the first pic. :D
    My photo hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crystal pine cone with bird on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very clever doing a weekend photo hunt!! love the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as a very special decoration !
    I just heard of this several Photo Hunters candidates, future will tell us how it works.
    Gattina
    http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/
    If mine has no success then of course I'll join the other one, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pine cone decoration, it is very unusual/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your take on the theme. Those little vintage ornaments are great. I'm trying to avoid big box stores too.

    Happy weekend.

    Annie
    http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job combining with the two hunts. Good shots for both theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on combining the themes!
    My son is getting new bed sheets... I think once a year clean sheets in that 'pad' are a good idea :-)
    Thanks for joining in at the new Saturday PhotoHunt site... See you next week!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are cute! Mine is up as well.

    Have a fabulous weekend.

    Holding Hands

    ReplyDelete
  10. .I need my head examine.

    Drop by for a cup of coffee, it won't take long, hahahaha.

    Been many years since I put up a tree. And I'm not buying any christmas presents.

    In recent years I've went camping over christmas but may not this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been some time since I saw a candle powered windmill thingy.

    I'm wondering if you bought the tree from someone that killed it or if you killed it yourself.

    Killing trees is no big deal, other than the fact that there are so many of us killing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ms. Peppylady!

    I hope you can also join the Colorful Weekend meme in tandem with your weekend photo hunts. :)

    The fun colorful meme is over at www.nshimaservings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last woman I lived with didn't care about christmas anymore than I do, other than getting her daughters a few presents.

    Most christmas days we would go for a drive to an area we hadn't been to yet, and treat ourselves to christmas sex.

    So it's been over 20 years since a tree was put up in my place.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...