Sunday, July 03, 2011

Mountain Spring Church


We been visit variety of different religious services. The last two was picked by Murphy and Quenella. There a local church on the south hill of Bonners Ferry it seem to be the jumping joint. So I told Quenella I would meet her in the parking lot to south of church building.
So she told me it was down at fairgrounds and they was having a barbeque. So we went down there and there was a band playing and I have to give it 5 whistle blow.
Quenella and I stood quietly in the back. Murphy didn't come he went to work instead. I never new the pastor but I had heard his first name and he shook Quenalla and my hand. I told Quenella that he was the pastor of  Mountain Spring Church 
which is somewhat like a Calvary Chapel  
I also found out this church has some type of endorsement from moody bible radio stations
Though more then one source I heard this church has a connection though a Calvary Chapel in the
San Diego area.

I sure hope all the teachings from Mountain Spring Church sure doesn't always angle toward “guilt trip”
I find using the guilt trip and or the fear factor is “pretty low” to me it form of control.

I don't know how many time I've heard a pastor base his services from Luke 15 (11 to 32)  
the story on lost son. Every pastor I every heard do this story sure takes it from a different angle.
It one who had two son and one demanded his inheritance early and went out in blew out and ended up coming back home.
Statement time..I don't know if these verses wasn't his cup of tea. He may be great at other verses and do a fine sermon.
Some other time I may post my thoughts on this bible verses.

Well after the sermon a few people or should say quite a few of flock want to be baptized. They do the dunking in water.
So I said to my friend Quenella lets get a bite to eat and split this joint. So we ate and left.

It sad that they have to use or least this sermon and play the guilt trip card. Statement time.... I don't think much of using guilt or fear to get what you want. This church does so much for our local community. I known people here in our local community that they help, big time.
They even help people outside of there flocks that more then I can say for other churches.

If someone was looking for evangelical church in our local area and conservative I would suggestion Mountain Spring.
It sure wasn't my cup of tea.
So I would give Mountain Spring Church 2 tea cups and just barely pass the half way mark on the third cup of tea.

Editor note...I only attended one service and it wasn't there regular service.
If I didn't know about there involvement in our local community I would of gave them less tea cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 24, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I give this door up to two years. Murphy and I so, called, put a band-aid on it. It is an off-size door between a linen and an interior d...