Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chicken Little Spot In Idaho

I never looked as my self as Chicken Little
the one who went around yelling “The sky is falling” I have no trouble be prepared for anything that may come my way.
Or have your ducks in a roll.
I believe everyone knows about the budget trouble the United States is having and needs to come up with something by August 2, 2011.
But some people.

Murphette who lives on the south hill senior/disable apartment. One of her neighbors in the complex with her called up social security to find out if the checks where coming in August.
I'm assume he been hearing the news about the budget.
Well the person on the other end was probably and everyone who works for social security was told to say “We don't know if the checks will go out in August or not”
So this put Murphette in “The sky is falling mode”.
She was afraid that the land lord would kick them to the curve.
If this is true they would have to kick well over 90% of the residents to curve. A few may have a little more the social security but it would be just a drop in bucket.
Like my check around about way it comes from the government also. So does the management of the senior/disability housing in Bonners Ferry.
There part of HUD
Thursday I drove Faith around and as she was doing her shopping. I went into Starbucks and have some coffee. Read in my book
When I Was Gone  
which I give at this point a three and three fourth full of nice hot cup of tea.
I understand some of the main tree nurseries couldn't keep people working enough to collect unemployment this fall and winter.
Because sells where down.
I know Murphy has an old claim he can reopen this winter.
But like lot of people he isn't getting enough time in to open a claim after the first of the year.

We did make a wood trip up on Harvey Mountain above Robinson lake. Up on the Mountain we would try to figure out what lakes, creeks, or river we where looking at.
So far we have about four cords of firewood mostly larch and red fir.

At any time we could be looking at Robinson lake, Round Prairie Creek, Miller Creek, Moyie River, or any other water ways.
Toward the top of Harvey we could look down on East Port 
the United States Border into Canada. On the Canadian side it called Kings Gate
Editor Note...Mary will probably be living over in the Mount Vernon area. I could actual run things with common sense I know no one wants to here me on a soap box and I don't have time to get on soap box

2 comments:

  1. My only income is my SS money but I'm not worried about it, it's one of the last things that will stop coming to us if the government goes into default.

    And if that actually happens everyone is in the same boat so it's going to be hard to kick everyone off of it.

    For example, if you are renting who in the hell does the landlord think he can rent your place to if so many are broke?

    But, my property is free and clear and I'm an easy keeper and still capable of picking up work (I have lots of skills) here and there to keep me going if I have to resort to that.

    I don't think I spend 25 bucks a month on food, friends are always keeping me in stock and when I'm out in the boondocks the gals take my order and serve it to me and wash the dishes.

    I spend more money on beer than I do food, it's my prozac on this stupid planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt they will raise the debt ceiling. This is just a ploy of the nasty republicans trying to make Obama look bad. I wish our politicians would work the common good of the people that sent them to WA DC. I feel Spokane's congresswoman is one of the worst. She is in it for her own personal greed and power. The next election will be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 24, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I give this door up to two years. Murphy and I so, called, put a band-aid on it. It is an off-size door between a linen and an interior d...