Tuesday, June 21, 2011

John Birch Arboretum

I wasn't sure when I was going to get this posting. I came conclusion that I enjoy journal or for me in this world a blog.
Not everything in one control. Which I don't even mind.
Murphy and I went and visit our son in the Spokane Valley which been a while.
I grew up in the Spokane Valley and we went up what is called the sunset hill so we could visit
John Birch Park  
One tree I always enjoy in flowering Hawthorne my parents had one and I could say that ole tree had a peaceful way about it.
The one in front of my parents home was a red one but I have to say after see the 
double white English Hawthorne it hit a spot for me. But a lot of people don't care about them because of the porkies.
Recently I been thinking and realize I only knew three creeks in Spokane area before which was Hangman (Latah), Chester, and Deep Creek.
I knew there was creek that ran though Finch park but never knew what it was called but now I know “Garden Spring Creek”
There where plenty of trees to look at.

I want to see the lilac collection and I did.

I really don't know if the men folks of family really enjoy it at all. Or they was trying to get to me. Like Murphy telling the boys they ought brought there fishing poles.
The rude remarks about the traffic noise. Confession time...The traffic noise was very distracting. The park was right beside the freeway. I would guess the park was there before freeway went though. President Eisenhower in the 50's put in our freeway system here in the United States and the park was put in 1949.
Regardless of there smart mouth comments. I enjoy the beauty of the park. I even found a tree with such long branch, the longest I seen.
Wonder what the tree could grab and hug. But I took a few minute sat under it on park bench.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, This looks wonderful... The flowers are so heavenly and I love the greenery!! The traffic is always a problem though!
    Have a great week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Hey, are you all getting flooded like us? Every river in Montana has overflowed. I'm watching trees in the islands in the river get uprooted. It's been a heck of a summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this area must be incredibly beautiful!! I can understand why you'd want to return and visit often.

    My post for today: Fact or Fiction...you decide.

    Thanks for the visit yesterday...your comments are always treasured!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...