Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ABC Wednesday E is for...

E Is For….

Egg
Hard boil that is.
Everyone has told me that I make great hard boil eggs.
So here my way of doing hard boil eggs
Place the egg or eggs in pan of cold water make sure they’re well covered.
Add about 1 Tablespoon of salt to the water.
Turn the burner on high and soon as the water comes to a good boil.
Turn on the timer for 10 minute and keep the water boiling.
As soon as the timer goes off right way drain water and raise with very cold tap water.
You will have to do this several times you want your eggs to cool down as fast as you can.
Your eggs will be easy to peel and the yokes will be done but yet on soft fluffy side



To be part of ABC Wednesday please stop in at the ABC Wednesday



We’re getting some well needed rain

8 comments:

  1. I sent you an email. Thank you again for the card and "gift"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hard and soft boiled eggs. I'll have to try adding the salt to the water. I also have used ice cubes in the water to cool down the eggs so I don't have to keep running cold water over them :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your recipe for hard-boiled eggs.
    Great post for ABC Wednesday E.

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there you go...

    I put one in the microwave one time, and I sure won't do that again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually add salt to the
    H2O ... good method of cooling the eggs.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peppylady - just stopped by for that coffee. I always prick my hard boiled eggs to stop them bursting - I was given a special egg pricker 30 odd years ago by a small child I was teaching at the time, and I've used it ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favourite meals. I remember mum making me boiled egg and soldiers.

    Thanks for being part of ABC Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...