It Tuesdays and there a good chance I did Heads or Tail and the coin came up heads and this week topic is Flowers and next week topic will be “wait or weight”
I love playing in the dirt growing things and flower I have in bloom is my yellow irises but I found some old wives tales or superstition about flower.
For all to enjoy
First Flower of Spring: The day you find the first flower of the season can be used as an omen:
Monday means good fortune,
Tuesday means greatest attempts will be successful,
Wednesday means marriage,
Thursday means warning of small profits,
Friday means wealth,
Saturday means misfortune,
Sunday means excellent luck for weeks.
Here some superstition that goes along with flowers.
In some places, it is thought bad luck to give someone an even number of flowers, because even numbers of flowers are reserved for the dead.
· Speaking of flowers for the dead, don't take flowers off a grave, or you might soon find yourself in one.
· If you pick a dandelion that's gone to seed and blow at it, the number of seeds still on the stem will be the number of children you'll have.
· If you pick a daisy and count out the petals as you remove them with "he loves me", "he loves me not", you'll find out how the boy you fancy really feels.
· If a girl picks a bunch of flowers, especially daisies, with her eyes closed, the number of flowers indicate how many years until her marriage.
· Some flowers, such as anemones are used as charms to ward off disease or ill fortune.
· Day lilies are believed to alleviate sorrow by causing the wearer to forget her troubles. Poppies have a similar effect.
· Don't pick foxgloves or you'll offend the fairies.
· It is considered unlucky to have real flowers on stage or to give an actress flowers before a show. Use artificial flowers on the set and wait until after a performance to give flowers to a performer.