Wishing time…I wish we celebrate Memorial Day Differently I find it a cheap holiday that one goes and buy those cheap plastic flowers and sticks them on graves.
Yes and I’m guilty of it too.
Bart and I went up to Grandview to place some flowers on a few graves. Between Murphy and I would have to cover 15 graves for family members.
I stuck flowers on my parents that are buried together and one on Murphy mom and his dad.
I know quite a few people buried up at Grandview and I would tell Bart a little bit about that person history
I actual like some other country or different faiths on how they remember there dead here most of us goes once a year to a cemetery and place flowers on grave.
I think we should have one day a year to set up a memory for those who gone before us.
I never knew Murphy mom but I understand that she liked to read “Classic Books and have a display of her favorite books or have picture sense of that book.
Murphy dad real got into picture taking of birds and had interest in outdoors artifacts display some artifacts he found.
My mom always likes one or two lines of wisdom. Place a list of them. One of the things she made caramel pie and give free bites for those who visit her memory stand.
As for my dad he loved to fish and had quite a bit of fishing tackle enough to decorate a Christmas tree.
I know closes celebration we have to this Samhain but I know a lot of people who uncomfortable with spirits and ghost.
If it not a Christian base holiday places it with worshiping the devil.
I think their better ways of recalling or letting others know about the ones that passed over then putting cheap plastic flowers on grave.
It could be held up at a local cemetery and have potluck
Bart and I went over to the older part of the graveyard. Didn’t spend much time here.
I’m not sure who been buried here the longest.
I know my great grandma Cynthia, and her granddaughter Fay is buried and one of Fay son Peter is in old part.
I found something interesting about memory celebration please click here
1. What is your occupation? Home care worker
2. What color are your socks right now? White
3. What are you listening to right now? Nothing
4. What was the last thing that you ate? my own creation and put corn toritia and a green salad
5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My son Sawyer
7. Do you like the person who tagged you? I wasn’t tag for this one. But I got it from saoirse
8. How old are you today? 48
9. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball, Hockey and I like to watch the ponies run
10. What is your favorite drink? Coffee
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes
12. Last time you hugged your child? When Sawyer moved to Oregon and Bart I put my arms around his shoulders
13. Favorite food? Seafood
14. What was the last movie you watched?Bad Day at Black Rock
15. Favorite day of the year? All of them
16. How do you vent anger? Make a stance
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Ball
18. What is your favorite season? Late Spring or Early Fall
19. Ocean or pool? Ocean I haven’t been around the ocean much
20. Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries
21. Do you want your family & friends to participate? That’s up to them
22. Who is the most likely to respond? Never no on one these things
24. Living arrangements? Married, one son left at home, a cat and dog. Lives in Ranch style house
25. When was the last time you cried? My nephew Nate funeral
26. What is on the floor of your closet? A lot of stuff
27. Who is the family or friend you have known the longest that you are tagging? I’m leaving this open to any one who wants to play
28. What did you do last night? Played on computer and watch TV
29. Hawaii or Florida? Hawaii
30. What inspires you? My job knowing I don’t want to be stuck there the rest of my working life
31. What are you most afraid of? Religious zealots!!! Doesn’t matter what faith they may be
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese burger with all the toppings
33. Favorite dog breed? Beagle
34. Favorite day of the week?. Saturday
35 How many states have you lived in? 2
36 Do you like these questionnaires? Yes, it one way to get to know others
37. What kind of car did your very first date drive? Some type of chevy
38. What is the Last book you read? A New Earth Awaking to Your Life Purpose
39. What are your hobbies? ceramics, gardening, home projects, genealogy, and blogging
40. Can you still make the Hula Hoop stay around your waist? Yes, and I can still do it