Sunday, January 01, 2006

peachy creamy


New year day I really can’t say I failed or succeeded on my New Year Resolution at this time although it hasn’t gone peachy creamy .


Today we went over to talk to Murphy sister Faith. So we stay their little longer then I hope we would have. As Faith was showing us what been done to their new bed and breakfast place they are putting in. I ask faith, “Is things going in on time?” Faith answered back “slow as molasses in the winter”.
I thought to my self. “Here I’m and one of my new year resolution was to work on being organize and our bed room closet looks like a twister been through it” Having my ceramic shop up and going last year didn’t come about, still working toward it. My goal for the month of Jan is to have the old hay barn clean out and get ready to built shelves . Then I’m also like to get rid of my molds that are ashtrays and hollow handle mugs If I complete 75% or more I’d be making great strides toward my shop.


I also said I need to eat more sensible and get more exercise Well I so far haven’t done any exercises. For breakfast we had biscuits and gravy, lunch we had hot dogs, and for dinner we having this. 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" strips
4-5 mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, sliced into ½" pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. grated gingerroot
½ cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 (8 oz) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
½ cup cashews, toasted
½ cup Chinese pea pods
2 Tbs. cornstarch
3 Tbs. water
Cooked rice

Place chicken and mushrooms in a slow cooker. Add green onions, soy sauce, ginger, broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours. Add bamboo shoots, cashews and pea pods. Turn control to HIGH. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into chicken mixture in a cooker. Cover and cook on high 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring at least once. Serve over cooked rice.
For lunch and breakfast I made my fat quota and for my dinner I’ll make my sodium quota


This is a picture is taken Jan 1 06. Across the road from where I live. Looking west.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...