Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Tightwad I'm Not


I don’t know if I consider my self as tightwad I do like finding bargains. I guess you can call me frugal


The other day Murphy and I stopped in one of our local thrift store. Behold they were a new or looked new couch for the mazing price of $14.95 I couldn’t believe my eyes. We examen the couch every inch of it. I sure hope I didn’t miss a piece. Plus color wise it goes into our living room.


I have two sites that I view dollar stretcher frugal living I find both of these site with lot of good info even if you think Watching the pennies is not important to one self


When people say I got too many bills The only time I feel sorry for them if it’s medical or something to do with surviving the basic to live with
People who says this to me I just got too many bills I think it or depends on my mood, I’ll say Lot of those bills is your own doing We have our electrical bill which includes our internet hook up, credit card which we pay off every month, our phone bill and for that we buy phone cards for our long distant calls and water bill.
I forgot net felix. I’m thinking about discontinuing it. The two last Cd’s I got was bunk.


We don’t have satlite tv or cable, cell phone or drive new rigs.


I buy majority of the time from local school function, local charity. I buy girl scout cookies, and even a raffle ticket here and there. I buy other people gifts for all occasions.


I guess I’m not a total scrooge yes I do watch the

penny’s falls’

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment at third world county.

    I _am_ a tightwad. Glad to spend $$ on things we need, help out our grown children, etc., but not. one. cent. more than necessary for what we want/need and can afford.

    Example: this week the router (a $75 piece of equipment at retail that I bought for $23 including shipping) on our home network went down. Bah. Since I do computer/small network systems consulting, our home network (with computers I have mostly built from pieces of discarded business equipment, then upgraded as necessary) is an essential business tool... besides affording my wife her own comp for her classes and work (brings a lot of her librarian work home with her), and plenty of access for our children during their frequent visits, etc.

    Router down and no spare? Arghh. (Yeh, I contacted the manufacturer of the router I had and it's on its way to them for replacement under warranty.) Rummaged around down in my spare/discarded parts room... put together another computer and have been testing IT as a router.

    Cost? My time in evenings. Some spare junk. 20' of ethernet cabling (cut off a box of 1,000 feet, used otherwise for client service) to make some convenient test cables (reusable for other applications).

    Just cos I didn't want to spent another $25-$30... or wait a week for a replacement part. Oh, and I have the added bonus that now I can slap an emergency router together for a client if needed...

    Tightwad? When my daughter's car died (transmission--more to replace or repair than getting her another car... *sigh*), it simply served as a parts car for my wife's car. So far, more than $500 in parts 9at salvage yard prices) stripped and used off the thing. So it may cost me a few bucks to have it hauled off when I'm finished getting all I want out of it. Coming out ahead...

    Whole house exhaust fan: dumpster.

    Fax machine/speakerphone/answering machine/remote handset: neighbor's trash (I asked to be sure. Fixed it with about $1 of electronics cleaner.)

    Etc.

    Yeh, I'm a tightwad.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...