Saturday, December 03, 2005

Fruit Cake in Brandy

made 6 loafs of fruit cake today. I never heard of anyone saving their fruit cake for a year. One time it been said if you save a fruitcake for a year that you’ll have good luck for anther year. So now I know why they sock fruit cake in brandy.
But I still need to go and get brandy to put my fruit cake in.
I was planning on making some peanut brittle couldn’t find my candy thromonter.


3 of my friends and families will receive homemade goodies for Christmas. The lucky people is my client Callie, my friend Alice, and my friend Quenelle.


Today Sawyer took the S.A.T and he said it was the hardest test that he every took. Today we stop at Murphy sister Faith and ask what was the best way to do oyster on the shell. She explain it to Murphy and let him use her shocking knife. To me it almost look like a hoof pick, what you clean out horse hoofs.
On the way to store we stopped at the fair grounds. So I could give my friend Alice a birthday card. She’ll be 55 tomorrow. Yesterday and today they had a craft sale at our local fairground and Alice was selling her Jams and other stuff. It was pretty slow when I went their. Even Alice said it was slow. I look at her sell sheet it look like she sold about $65 dollar worth the stuff. In her birthday card I stuck in one lottery scratch ticket, pays up to $4000. Gee I sure hope she wins something.
For an adult birthday present I always give a card and put in one dollar lottery scratch ticket To the best of my knowledge I never gave anyone a winning ticket.
So we stop at our local store and was going to get some oyster on the shell. A dozen for $4.98 and they was out. So Chicken breast was on sale. So we cut the chicken breast up in strip and coated then with shake and bake.


Still getting uses to this new computer. I have yet figured out how to get pictures to show up from my Cd’s and I can’t get callwave to work in this computer. Plus this computer has word perfect and it sort Of Greek to me.
Applesauce Fruit Cake.

3 Cups of Applesauce or 1 quart
1 Cup of shorting (I tend to use about a ½ a cup)
½ to 1 cup of sugar ( I tend to use ½ to 2/3 of a cup)
Put these first three ingratiates in a 1 ½ or 2 quart pans. Melt together and boil 5 minutes.
Then let cool.

As your applesauce is cooling.

In a large bowl add these ingratiate

1 pound of dates cut up.
1 pound of raisin
1 to 1 ½ cups of candied fruit.
1 to 1 ½ cups of nuts-your choice (I take to hand full of walnuts and chop the walnuts up)

I personally like all of my fruit, dates, and nuts on the larger size.

4 ½ cups of flour in the flour you will need to add.

1 teaspoon of salt
4 teaspoons of soda
2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of cloves
1 teaspoon of nutmeg

Put flour and spices in fruit mixture and mix throughly. I use my hands.

When applesauce mixture is cooled. Add to fruit and stir well.

Bake at 250♡ for 2 ½ hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...